A chat with Sia Ahmad, one of Canberra’s most prolific experimental artists, curators and producers.
Stu Buchanan talks with Sia Ahmad, one of Canberra’s most prolific experimental artists, curators and producers, and relentless advocate for the local independent, DIY and underground music scenes. She discusses her recent body of work including 2018’s ground-breaking “quiver”; the 2020 albums im/modesty and A Body Full Of Tears; and the upcoming remix collection Realignment.
Music featured in this episode:
- flaw, featured (Remix by Dijit) – from Realignment
- im/modesty (with Australian Art Orchestra) – from im/modesty
- “mask-ed” – from “quiver”
- double checks against the corner (b) – from A Body Full Of Tears
- team pressure – from A Body Full Of Tears
- blown out / trace out (Remix by Lorraine James) – from Realignment
- deficit – from A Body Full Of Tears
Published on 1 March 2021.