Sixty minutes of new, weird Australian music, presented by Stu Buchanan.
In episode 124, we take in a preview of the new EP from Brisbane electronic experimentalist Makeda; as well as the debut release from Canberra’s E Fishpool and the new album from Sydney’s unclassifiable quartet Tangents. We expand our genre expertise by delving into psychedelic dark wave from Ov Pain, vaporised stretched electronica from Planktan Sanquin (battling the demos of King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard) and molecular gamelan from Astasie-Abasie. We also hear two cuts from the Flash Forward project out of Melbourne, featuring releases from Female Wizard and Mindy Meng Wang; and two different tales from the world of modular, featuring Robin Fox and the various artists from Modular Theme Time Sessions.
Featured in this episode:
- Tangents – Survival (from Timeslips & Chimeras)
- E Fishpool – Under Flecked Light (Emily) (from E Fishpool)
- Makeda – Professors, Lovers, Critics (from Venus Leak)
- Ov Pain – Daytripping (from The Churning Blue of Noon)
- King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard x Planktan Sanquin – Tezeta (Pumpking Seedle Eloping Mix) (from Music To Eat Bananas II)
- Robin Fox – Quarantine Variation II (from Waking Fever Dream)
- Female Wizard – Post Post (from TIE-EE-YIE-EEYIE-EE-YIME)
- Mindy Meng Wang – Activation 异变 (from Phoenix Rising)
- Modular Theme Time Sessions – MTTSS#005 Blue (from Sharewave Session #005 – Three Module Challenge)
- Astasie-abasie – Expulsion (from Molecular Gamelan
Cover Image: Makeda
Published on 4 October 2021.