Sixty minutes of new, weird Australian music, presented by Stu Buchanan.
In episode 125, Divide and Dissolve get remixed in an excellent companion package to their 2020 record ‘Gas Lit’; traditional Southeast Asian instrumentation meets dark metal courtesy of Rinuwat; and we listen to debut releases from electronic experimentalist Jannah Quill and Sydney percussionist ilex.
There’s also dark, experimental synth wave from Melbourne duo Vacuum; Aphir gets exploratory in an improvised series of choral works; and Canberra artist Sebastian Field parks songwriting for experimentation on his new album ‘Sandcandles’. Plus we take tracks from new albums by Low Life and My Disco; and Various Asses drops an unheard remix of Sarah Mary Chadwick‘s ‘I Won’t Say Goodbye’.
Featured in this episode:
- Divide and Dissolve – Denial (BEARCAT Remix) (from Gas Lit – 3 Part Remix)
- Vacuum – I’ll Call You (from Vacuum)
- My Disco – Irreversible (from Alter Schwede)
- Rinuwat – Sewu (from Dua Naga)
- Low Life – Moments (from From Squats To Lots: The Agony And XTC Of Low Life)
- Sarah Mary Chadwick – I Won’t Say Goodbye (Various Asses SIS Remix) (from I Won’t Say Goodbye)
- ilex – Morning Bells (from Visions of Elsewhere)
- Aphir – Jelly Gun (from Plastichoir)
- Sebastian Field – Ceres (from Sandcandles)
- Jannah Quill – View of Granite (from Jannah Quill)
Cover image: Divide and Dissolve
Published on 26 November 2021.