New Weird Australia, Space Between Space is a work of four parts: quiet, loud, broken and fixed. Music of inquiry, of anger, of loss, of promise – and the space between all such things.
All proceeds from this release will be donated to the Barpirdhila appeal, which supports Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander artists & community affected by COVID-19.
Featuring: Onomino, Penelope Trappes, Millenium Cowboy, Plyanci, DroomData, Match Fixer, Uuxe, Friendships, Horse Macgyver, Party Dozen, Collector, Shoeb Ahmad, Night Dives, Sumn Conduit, Leven Canyon, Megan Alice Clune, K Wilson, PiP, eves, Laurence Pike, Clinton Green, T. Wilds, Noom, E Fishpool x 黑芝麻, Hannans, Greta Now, Slow Point, Decadent Discord. More information about the artists can be found in the companion booklet, bundled with the download.
New Weird Australia, Space Between Space | NWA019
1. OnominO – Prell (5:59)
2. Penelope Trappes – Drift (8:48)
3. Millenium Cowboy – Even In Shadows (5:20)
4. Plyanci – The Object Activates (3:03)
5. DroomData – Stoeptegels (4:43)
6. Match Fixer – The Flat Calls (4:08)
7. Uuxe – With Me (4:24)
8. Friendships – Blues From The Flying Pan (8:42)
9. Horse Macgyver – Fence View 24 (4:57)
10. Party Dozen – Balance (5:14)
11. Collector – Burned Out (5:09)
12. Shoeb Ahmad – Double Checks Against The Corner (d) (Peter Knight version) (5:39)
13. Night Dives – In Ember (6:48)
14. Sumn Conduit – Tongue (Epilogue) (5:44)
15. Leven Canyon – Wanna Be A Traveller (4:50)
16. Megan Alice Clune – Cut Space (3:35)
17. K Wilson – Years Will Move Away (3:10)
18. PiP – Snow Into The Carpet (3:15)
19. eves – pivot (9:40)
20. Laurence Pike – Ritual Body Posture (5:38)
21. Clinton Green – Four Turntables Under Swaying, Sympathetic Suspension (Quieter, Woody Objects) (7:56)
22. T. Wilds – What To Do (2:45)
23. Noom – Deep Dark Dance Bubbles (6:15)
24. E Fishpool x 黑芝麻 – Calyx (feat. Zhi) (4:51)
25. Hannans – Laps (3:57)
26. Greta Now – So Fine (feat. DX and Harriet Stewart) (2:40)
27. Slow Point – Margins (7:09)
28. Decadent Discord – Be Here Now (7:20)
Released April 2021
All tracks previously unreleased.
We are living in a liminal point in time; rummaging through the detritus of an aberrant year, with no real sense of what comes next. It’s unsettling and fucked up and unreal. Looking for resolution feels pointless; we’re flanked by the feeling that this moment is perpetual. Nowhere is everywhere, everywhen is now.
This album collects twenty-eight explorations of this idea. All of the work is new and unreleased, created in and around this splinter in time. Responses range from the anxious to the audacious, the tumultuous to the transcendental. All propositions are valid.
Experienced in one-sitting, it’s a work that moves through four parts: quiet, loud, broken and fixed. Music of inquiry, of anger, of loss, of promise – and the space between all such things.
NWA019 was compiled on the sacred land of the Darug People. We acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to Indigenous Elders past, present and emerging. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.