Laurence Pike | NWAP116
Celebrating the release of his third solo album Prophecy, Stu Buchanan talks with prolific drummer, percussionist and composer Laurence Pike
Laurence Pike is a Sydney-based artist who for the last twenty years has been investigating the worlds of electronic music, jazz and leftfield rock; initially as founder and drummer of Pivot (latterly PVT); through various collaborative projects including Szun Waves and Triosk; and more recently as a solo artist, release three albums in as many years.
Using this new album ‘Prophecy’ as a backdrop, Laurence reflects on the place and purpose of art amidst apocalyptic events; how underlying shifts in culture and society are impacting on the future of music; and his upcoming collaboration with Angus Andrew as the newest member of Liars.
Music featured in this episode:
- Laurence Pike – Nero (from ‘Prophecy’)
- Laurence Pike – Ember (from ‘Prophecy’)
- Laurence Pike – Rapture (from ‘Prophecy’)
- Szun Waves – Stutter (from ‘Three’)
- Laurence Pike – Dance Of The Earth (Liars Remix) (Original version from ‘Holy Spring’)
Published on 9 October 2020.